About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I love to find new bits of info, places and things. I'm an avid gardner, tree lover, and hugger.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Earth Day is quickly approaching

Since sustainability is (hopefully) on a lot of peoples minds this month, I thought I would share this cool art work that greeted me at a local whole foods near NE Freemont. What these artists are doing blew my mind. The bits and bobbles that we let loose into our ocean (at an alarming rate) are now on display, as art, at various sites. Check out their website to see amazing pieces, donate, and learn about the beach sites where they find these discards that wash onto our shores daily.
http://www.washedashore.org/

tires, shoes, spoons, shovels, and more make up this Giant Bird!




No comments:

Post a Comment